Duration of Employment: Until the 30th of June 2024, between 15 and 20.00 hours/week
Salary (gross): Salary scheme of the University of Vienna: §54 VwGr. IIIa
Start: as soon as possible, ideally in July
Duties and responsibilities
The post holder will be part of a research team based at the University of Vienna (Host Institution) and his/her principal duties and responsibilities will be:
• Manage the project’s calendar and the travels/meetings’ planning/agenda
• Assist the PI in the planning and monitoring of the project budgets in close collaboration with the Research Service of the University of Vienna to ensure all expenditure and procedures around contracts are processed efficiently through the University’s finance system
• Maintain records of project information and documentation and assist researchers in the storage and backup of key data
• Manage the project website, including regular updates
• undertake research tasks, including collecting literature/news on the main topics of the study or interviews’ transcription, depending on the project’s needs and his/her working schedule.
• Assist the PI and her team in dissemination activities (e.g. Blogs, newsletter, content for Homepage, social media)
• Maintain internal and external communication (e.g. with administrative staff of the Department, the Faculty and the Research Service of the University of Vienna)
• Support the organisation of project-related events
• A first research administration experience
• Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collegial, supportive manner with department, faculty and staff
• Excellent prioritization skills, strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Excellent communication skills in German and English, both written and oral
• Proficient with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the internet
• Experience in the area of public relations and communication
• Experience in the use of social media
• Experience in financial management/budget planning
• Experience in administration of EU funded projects.
• Interest in Political Science, Science-Policy interfaces, Marine Politics, Data Politics.
Application: Applications including a letter of motivation and curriculum vitae (in English or German) should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 11th of June 2023. Selection & Next Steps: Following the closing date, we will contact you by email to let you know whether or not you have been shortlisted to participate in the next stage of the selection process. Interviews will be held on the 19th of June 2023.