• PhD in political science or relevant neighboring discipline (completed or close to completion).
• Outstanding research potential in the area of comparative political institutions, broadly defined.
• Excellent quantitative methods skills (e.g., econometrics, psychometrics, computational methods) with knowledge of relevant statistical software (e.g. Stata, R, Python).
• Ability to work in a team and also to conduct independent research.
• Motivation to pursue an international academic career.
• Excellent command of English, knowledge of German is a plus.
• International experience is a plus.
• Starting date: February 1, 2024 or later upon agreement.
• Duration of employment: 3 years with renewal for further 3 years contingent on. research productivity, teaching quality and participation to departmental activities.
• Salary according to UZH/cantonal guidelines, approx. CHF 80,000 per year.
• Opportunities for possible additional teaching.
• Funding for conferences, additional training, and research.
• A highly motivated, engaged and supportive team.
• Excellent intellectual and working environment in a leading, international department.
• Career mentoring.
• Applications should include: a letter of interest, CV including a list of publications, a writing sample, the contact details of 2 - 3 people willing to serve as references, and the following form: http://www.ipz.uzh.ch/static/forms/download/additional_application_form.pdf
• Please send your application electronically as one single pdf file to the personnel office of Department of Political Science (email@example.com)
• Review of Applications will begin on October 2, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled. Early applications are encouraged.
• Further inquiries can be directed to Jonathan Slapin (firstname.lastname@example.org