● Develop and lead at least one sub-project within the context of PRODIGI.
● Conduct and publish high-quality research within the context of PRODIGI.
● Collaborate with other members of the research group.
● Provide support for research, organizational, and administrative tasks.
● Teaching is not required.
● PhD in political science or a related discipline (completed or close to completion).
● Interest in the field of digital technology and politics.
● Ambition and ability to produce high-quality and high-impact research, both independently and in a team.
● Ability to work constructively and effectively as part of a research team.
● Proficiency in quantitative research methods, specifically causal inference and/or computational social science.
● Very good command of English.
What we offer
● Duration of employment: January 2024 (or upon agreement) - December 2025.
● Salary: CHF 77,480/year (0.8 FTE).
● Opportunity to teach for an additional 0.2 FTE (upon agreement).
● Opportunity to develop your own research agenda and to develop a strong academic network.
● Access to the research infrastructure of the Digital Democracy Lab.
● Participation in a cutting-edge research project funded with an ERC Advanced Grant.
● Funding for conferences, additional training, and research activities.
● A highly motivated, engaged, and supportive team.
● Career mentoring.
● Excellent working conditions in a leading research-oriented and international department that provides a constructive and collaborative research environment.
● Further inquiries can be directed to Fabrizio Gilardi (email@example.com).
● Applications should include a letter of interest, CV, a writing sample, and the contact details of two people willing to serve as a reference, and the following form: http://www.ipz.uzh.ch/static/forms/download/additional_application_form.pdf
● Please send your application electronically as one single pdf-file to the personnel office of the Department of Political Science (firstname.lastname@example.org).
● Review of applications will begin on October 1, 2023. ● Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.