Reference No: 2023/167 The preferred start date is April 1st, 2024. Conditionally on the submission of an external grant, the position can be extended for an additional year. In principle, the position can be divided into two half-time positions.
- Develop and implement your research project
- Build up your own research profile
- You are expected to participate actively in the regular weekly meetings of the Zukunftskolleg (and/or the respective Cluster of Excellence) and to contribute to the Zukunftskolleg in creating a team of exciting interdisciplinary postdoctoralresearchers
- Have your place of residence in Konstanz or its surroundings
- You should be in possession of a doctoral degree granted between October 31, 2021 and December 31, 2023. Earlier graduation dates can be accepted in case of maternity/paternity leave, or working contracts outside academia - Candidates must not hold a permanent professorship, or have a habilitation or equivalent (Venia legendi).
- Candidates with their own position funded by another program, which can be transferred to Konstanz, are also eligible - Applicants must propose a research project that ties in with a discipline represented at the University of Konstanz. They are invited to include in their motivation letter a reflection note on howtheir research relates to the 17 SDGs of the UN
- Applicants should contact potential Local Academic Partners among the researchers at the University of Konstanz in order to ensure appropriate affiliation. Support froma department strengthens the application.
- International experience in teaching or research, and a strong interest in interdisciplinary topics are desirable
- Professional infrastructure and an appropriate workplace for conducting research Individual Research Allowance
- Access to a pool for funding cooperative projects, research assistants, travel, and equipment purchases
- Funds for mutual research visits to international collaborators
- The possibility of attracting senior research partners to Konstanz through the senior fellowship and the mentorship program
- The opportunity to benefit from a variety of career development measures, including the University of Konstanz’s Academic Staff Development and Research Support offices
- No teaching obligation, but an opportunity to teach in collaboration with your department atthe University of Konstanz
- An international and interdisciplinary community of peers
All applications and supporting materials (letter of motivation, research proposal, curriculum vitae, writing sample and two letters of reference)must be submitted inEnglish via our Online ApplicationPortal.
Questions can be directed via e-mail to: email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application until 10 October 2023,11:00 am(Konstanz time).