The position is to be filled as an Assistant Professorship (100%, TV-L E13 or 100%, A13: "BeamtIn auf Zeit", max. 6 years).
- The independent implementation of a postdoctoral research project in a thematic area relevant to research conducted at the chair (https://www.en.gsi.uni-muenchen.de/chairs/analysis/index.html)
- Publication of research results and application for third-party funding (individually and in teams)
- Provision of teaching in the area of quantitative methods, 2,5 courses per semester (5 ‚Semesterwochenstunden‘ of 45 minutes per semester on average)
- An excellent dissertation related to quantitative political science methodes (& IR or Comparative Politics), completed or close to completion.
- Research goals related to research interests of the chair (https://www.en.gsi.uni-muenchen.de/chairs/analysis/index.html)
- Publication in peer-reviewed journals or strong indications of the potential to place publications competitively.
- Fluency in English. Good German skills are desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently and in teams.
- Pay is based on TV-L, Entgeltgruppe E 13, “BeamtIn auf Zeit”.
- The post ought to be filled by 1 st October 2023 and is restricted to a duration of three years (probation 6 months). The position can be extended for three more years.
- Your workplace will be centrally located in Munich and can be easily reached by public transport.
Please submit the following (in English):
- Cover letter
- Contact data for two referees (referees will be contacted only at the interview stage)
- One writing sample of an article or a chapter representative of your research agenda (preferably single-authored)
The submission deadline is 15th April 2023. Please submit your application per Email (in 1 PDF, max. 10MB) to Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich, Empirical Political Research and Policy Analysis, Ms. Hopp, firstname.lastname@example.org.