This is a call for applications for one full-time doctoral positionin the framework of an Incentive Grant (MIS- FNRS)at Université libre de Bruxelles. The project is led by Nathalie Brack (Centre d’étude de la vie politique, Cevipol). The selected candidate will start on 1st of March 2023 (or as soon as possible after that) and be funded by a FNRS (Fonds National de la Recherche Scientifique) doctoral grant for 36 months.
Candidates are expected to:
- Hold a Master’s degree granting access to doctoral programmes (120 credits) in political science
- Have expertise and/or interest in disinformation and/or political parties or political communication
- Exhibit a strong academic record
- Prove their ability to work in an international/multilingual environment
- Have an excellent command of English
- A good command of one of these languages is a strong asset: Spanish, Italian, Danish, Polish, Romanian
- Good command of statistical softwares (web scraping skills are an asset)
- Show their ability to work in a team, to meet deadlines and to combine autonomy with respect of guidelines
How to apply
The following application documents are to be sent by email to Nathalie Brack (Nathalie.Brackulbbe) no later than 9 February 2023.
- A motivation letter explaining the candidate’s general interest for the project (no longer than 800 words)
- A curriculum vitae listing all qualifications and relevant experience
- A brief research proposal for the foreseen doctoral dissertation explaining how it fits with the objectives of the project (no longer than 800 words)
- Name, affiliation, e-mail and phone number of two referees who can be contacted if necessary
- A copy of the passport/ID as well master’s degree certificate
A limited number of pre-selected candidates will be invited to an interview which will take place online mid-February 2023. Short-listed candidates will be asked to make a brief presentation outlining their motivation and prospective contribution to the project.
Questions and inquiries may be sent to Nathalie Brack (Nathalie.Brackulbbe).