The Research Training Group 2571 “Empires: Dynamic Change, Temporality and PostImperial Orders”, funded by the German Research Council (DFG) invites applications for 4 Three-year PhD Positions (f/m/d) Part time (65%) (starting November 1, 2022)
- excellent Master’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a field of study relevant to the Research Training Group
- willingness to complete a dissertation on a topic that is applicable to the research focus of the Research Training Group
- members are required to participate in the structured study program and in the events and activities of the Research Group
- with the exception of research stays abroad, the PhD candidates are required to take residence in Freiburg for the duration of the program
- the doctorates are carried out at the Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg
- a structured study program that supports individual research and prepares doctoral candidates for an academic career and other related professional fields
- intensive professional and interdisciplinary exchange
- opportunities for international academic networking and career advancement
- continuous supervision by two professorial members of the RTG
- funding for up to six months abroad at a research institute (https://www.grk2571.uni-freiburg.de/partners) cooperating with our program, as well as travel costs for attending conferences in Germany and abroad
Please submit the following documents (in English or German):
- letter of motivation (1-2 pages)
- copy(s) of the university certificate(s) including a transcript of records
- outline of the proposed research project (7-10 pages) including an abstract describing the topic (1 page), working title, state of the art, main research questions, theoretical approaches and methodology, and a time schedule
- names of two academic referees whom we may contact regarding the scientific qualification, personal suitability and quality of the application and the project
The positions are in accordance with the Academic Fixed-Term Contract Law (WissZeitVG) and they are to be filled on a fixed-term basis for the duration of the doctoral process, initially for a period of up to 3 years. An extension for the successful completion of the doctorate is possible within the time limits of the WissZeitVG.
The positions are paid according to TV-L E 13.
We are particularly pleased to receive applications from women for the position advertised here. Please submit your application with all documents mentioned above using the reference number 00002242 either by post or via email (as a single PDF file) by 30.06.2022 to the following address:
Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg i. Br.
GRK 2571 „Imperien“
Platz der Universität 3 (Poststelle im Kollegiengebäude III)
Tel: +49 761 203-5453
For further information please contact our administration office via firstname.lastname@example.org or the speaker of the RTG, Prof. Dr. Peter Eich, via email@example.com