We particularly invite conceptual papers, literature reviews, meta-analyses and original research papers dealing with comparability errors and/or quality indicators in comparative research. Relevant topics cover but are not limited to:
• Epistemological conceptualizations of necessary and sufficient conditions for valid comparisons of social phenomena across groups, situations, and/or time
• Theoretical models with real data illustrations and/or simulations that help to separate various sources of comparability error
• Research dealing with concept, construct, method and indicator equivalence as theoretical and methodological prerequisites for valid comparisons
• Measurement invariance, especially the development of invariant measurement instruments, test procedures as well as the causes and the handling of non-invariance
• Conceptual considerations on and empirical implications of the generation of comparable samples or comparability between probabilistic and non-probabilistic samples
• Conceptualizing and investigating systematic interdependencies between measurement and representation errors in comparative analysis
• (Computational) Social Science data analysis methods to evaluate comparability assumptions
The deadline for the manuscript submission is April 30 2024. A First decision will be provided not later than July 31 2024. Revisions will be due to October 30 2024.
The Special Issue will be published in December 2024. Contributions will go through double-blind peer review. Submission does not guarantee inclusion in the Special Issue. We welcome contact with Heinz Leitgöb prior to submission.