Specifically, we invite – but do not limit – contributions that address the following topics and approaches either among the general population or the civil society:
1) (Longitudinal) dynamics in support for immigrants
2) In-depth analyses tracing mechanisms of support and/or civil society activation
3) Case studies addressing actors of civil society
4) Comparative analyses of drivers for support between different cohorts of arrivals
5) Cross-country comparisons in drivers for support and/or civil society activation
Submission information and review process
We seek theory-driven empirical contributions based on quantitative or qualitative data that offer insights that address the questions raised above. Please indicate your interest by sending an extended abstract until March 31, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: “Abstract Special Issue Civil Society Activation”). The abstract should contain the motivation and the research question, the theoretical framework and tentative hypotheses as well as a detailed description of the data and methods in no more than 500 words. It is not yet necessary to present results. The editors’ decision on whether to invite full papers will be made by May 15, 2023. The deadline for submission of full papers (in German or English, 8,000 words) is 31 January 2024. All manuscripts will be thoroughly reviewed in a double-blind peer review process. For enquiries and information about the Special Issue, please contact the editors Jörg Dollmann (email@example.com), Jannes Jacobsen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sabrina J. Mayer (email@example.com).